Horizon Multi-Asset Funds
Investing in a single asset class can rarely meet clients’ objectives. Instead, a solution that actively invests across multiple asset classes can adapt to changing market conditions and help diversify risk.
The Zurich Horizon Multi-Asset fund range consists of five purpose-built fund of funds. Each one aims to grow investment through a combination of income and capital growth over the medium to long term (5 or more years), whilst remaining within its respective risk profile. The range of underlying funds in which the Horizon funds invest will predominantly be funds managed by Columbia Threadneedle Investments. Zurich Investment Services (UK) oversee the five portfolios in relation to their respective risk profiles.
The Zurich Horizon Multi-Asset fund range is managed to risk profiles on a scale of 1-5. The risk profiles are set based on EValue's risk profiling tool is designed with a precise focus on delivering investment outcomes to meet specific client needs. We recognise that you may use several different profiling tools and risk scale methods, and with that in mind, we have also mapped the funds to other models. Please note, the funds are managed to the EValue 1-5 scales therefore the mapping to other tools could change over time.
See the funds mapped to other attitude to risk profiles here.
Robust three-layer process
1: Zurich Investment Services (UK)
- Oversees the management of all five funds.
- Actively monitors each portfolio to ensure it is managed in accordance with its investment strategy and investment limits.
- Provides the investment framework with forward-looking asset allocations.
- Weightings are aligned to five risk profiles.
- Asset Allocations are updated on a quarterly basis.
3: Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Overlays its own views on asset allocation on those produced by EValue.
- Selects the right mix of underlying funds for each risk profile.
- Actively manages the underlying funds to reflect where they believe the best opportunities lie.
Why Horizon Multi-Asset Funds?
- Five globally diversified multi-asset funds designed to align with your clients risk profile.
- They aim to grow investment through a combination of income and capital growth over the medium to long term (5 or more years).
- Straightforward, easy-to-understand investment solutions.
- Rebalanced by experts on a regular basis to respond to changing market conditions.
- Investment expertise from Columbia Threadneedle who are responsible for managing more than $431bn of assets as at April 2019.
Past performance is not a guide to future performance.
The value of investments can go down as well as up, so your client could get back less than they invested.
The value of funds can fall and rise purely as a result of exchange rate fluctuations. Investments in newer markets, smaller companies or single sectors offer the possibility of higher returns but may also involve a higher degree of risk.
Alex Lyle Head of Managed Funds at Columbia Threadneedle and manager of the Zurich Horizon funds
Alex takes a look back on the market activities of the first quarter in 2019 and where we stand today.