- Additional contributions to an existing Sterling Investment Bond must be submitted on a paper application, not online.
- The Sterling Investment Bond is a unit linked, single contribution, non-qualifying life assurance contract, with a range of death benefit options and a wide range of funds. There are four versions of the bond available to suit the needs of you and your customers.
- It is suitable for investment by individuals, couples and trustees, who have a minimum of £5000 to invest. The minimum increases to £10,000 for the Distribution Fund and £50,000 for discounted gift trusts.
- The lives assured must be at least 3 months attained and the youngest life assured must be under age 80. The applicants must be at least 12 years attained (supported by a parent's or guardian's signature) and the maximum age is 85 attained.
- The Sterling Investment Bond cannot be taken out by citizens or residents of the USA or Brazil.
- For applications taken out under trust the Trust Deed must be submitted with the Declaration signed by the customer. The Enhanced Death Benefit is not available on bonds that are subject to a trust.
- For the Discretionary Discounted Gift Trust and the Discounted Gift Bare Trust underwriting must take place before this application can be submitted to Sterling and a Discount Certificate Reference will need to be entered on the application. The discounted gift trusts require withdrawals to be taken from the bond.
- Withdrawals must be paid to the applicant's bank account. If the application is from joint applicants, withdrawals must be paid to a joint bank account in the name of the applicants.
When you submit this application to Sterling you will be presented with a Submission Checklist which will give you details of all the information you need to send to Sterling in order to set up the bond. Please print this out and send it with the paper documentation. This will ensure swift processing of this application.
Should you have any questions, please contact your usual Zurich Intermediary Group contact on 0500 546546.